Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The one and only, Triumph Scrambler


I recently saw a review of the Triumph Scrambler in Motorcycle Classics magazine, where the authors just ripped the motorcycle to shreds. I’ve also seen lots of glowing reviews. I get the feeling this motorcycle is judged very quickly on first impressions and prior biases, good or bad. That made me decide to write about my Scrambler and the fun my wife and I have on it.

I bought my Scrambler in 2006. At the time, I had a Honda ACE, but I was looking for something with a little more room and fun. I really liked the Scrambler because it was tall, raw, and versatile. My wife fell in love with it too, and that never hurts.

A few years in, it’s my only bike now. I ride almost every week, but don’t put many miles on it. I mainly use it for dates and riding errands around Sarasota.

My Scrambler is basically stock, except that I replaced the original silencers with Triumph’s own off-road racing silencers. The bike has a great growl that brings almost as many compliments and admirers as the muscular, classic look. I’d like to get the skid plate too, as I’ve already ventured off-road; more on that later.

I’ll post some more photos and video very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment